Building web applications is a complex business. Building rich internet applications is a ridiculously complex business. Anyone who has worked on a sizable RIA will have come across difficulties in ensuring the application develops in a consistent manner in such areas as:
- How communication with the server is handled
- How validation is handled
- The actual HTML
- The CSS
- Error handling when things go wrong on the server
- How business logic is modelled in the logic of the application
- Who has control over the flow of the application?
Before starting work on our latest product we really needed to formalize the entire structure around building webapps. With a sizable development team and a complex project, the complexity of the application had to grow as linearly as possible.
hiJump addresses the issues above by using a variety of techniques which will be described in later posts in the series.
hiJump sits on top of a number of opensource projects: